St. John's Cathedral
Description: St. John's Episcopal Cathedral in Jacksonville, Florida, seeks a Director of Development to serve as part of the cathedral's senior administrative staff. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated background in development, knowledge of development software, strong people skills, a solid organizational background, enthusiastic, energetic, and motivating.The Development Director will be responsible for supervising all aspects of parish fundraising and stewardship. The purpose of this job will be to increase financial contributions to the cathedral, including annual gifts, major gifts, estate and legacy gifts and planned gifts. The director will manage the cultivation, solicitation and acquisition of major gifts, primarily for the preservation and maintenance of our historic facility and to build up cathedral endowment funds. In addition, the Development Director will oversee the annual parish stewardship drive, ensuring that all fundraising efforts are streamlined and well-coordinated. This individual will work closely with the Dean, Vestry, stewardship committee and staff.The duties of the Development Director are as follows:
· Identify and cultivate potential individual, corporate and foundation donors
· Manage communications related to fundraising, including appeal letters and donor updates
· Coordinate fundraising activities, special projects and donor appreciation events
· Work with the cathedral’s bookkeeper to manage entry of all gifts into database and generate appropriate tracking reports
· Work with cathedral administrative staff to ensure production of acknowledgements and correspondence, including thank-you notes and tax acknowledgements
· Explore and pursue grant opportunities, most notably for historic preservation, and assist with grant budgets, reporting and documentation
· Schedule select donor visits on behalf of the Dean and Vestry, and provide appropriate acknowledgement, recognition and follow-up regarding gifts and pledges
· Participate in professional meetings, briefings, presentations and tours of the facility as needed
· Collaborate with the dean and Vestry in developing and coordinating their leadership role in fundraising
· Oversee creation of and manage a Cathedral Legacy Society to encourage planned giving. Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree and 5 to 7 years of progressive fundraising experience in the not-for-profit arena
· Knowledge of fundraising in the development of income streams from gifts and contributions
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with volunteers and staff
· Strong proven leadership, analytical, and strategic thinking skills
Contact: Submit resume and cover letter to Lynda Erwin, Search Committee Chair. No phone calls, please. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Luke's Episcopal Church
Description: St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in Live Oak Florida has just been awarded a Rural Health Network Planning Grant by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). The grant would serve five rural medically underserved counties in North Central Florida (Suwannee, Taylor, Madison, Hamilton, and Lafayette Counties). This project would be responsible for working with local community agencies and governments to develop a business and cost model for the delivery of medical and affiliated services to medically isolated residents in the five county area. The grant provides for one full time Project Coordinator / Planner for a period of 12 months. The salary is $45,000, plus a health insurance subsidy of up to $9,000. The position is available immediately.
Contact: For further information please contact The Rev. George Hinchliffe at 386-249-1837 or email email@example.com
St. Mark's Episcopal Church
Description: St. Mark’s Episcopal Church is looking for a Bookstore Manager. The person will oversee the operation of the gift and bookstore, recruit, train and manage volunteers, and market the bookstore through social media and special events at the school, church and community. This part-time position is a wonderful opportunity for the individual who loves retail and is eager to work in a fun and welcoming gathering place for the community.
Contact: Email Jane Arnold, firstname.lastname@example.org
Congregational Care Coordinator
Christ Episcopal Church, San Pablo campus
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Description: Christ Church Ponte Vedra Beach is seeking a part-time Congregation Care Coordinator for our San Pablo campus. You will need to be someone with creativity, imagination and resilience. You will also need practical computer and administration skills. Further details are in the job description.
Christ Church is a large organization and we expect a high degree of professionalism from our staff. Having said this this post needs someone who is enthusiastic and caring. Sunday morning working is an essential part of this post. Closing Date: July 25th at midnight.
Contact: Arden Spies, email@example.com
Head of School Director
Holy Trinity Episcopal School
Description: Must be a committed Christian with a Masters Degrees in Early Childhood or Applicable School Leadership Experience. Responsibilities include: Hiring and leading faculty and staff, Supervising Curriculum and Instruction, including a vigorous spiritual program, Complying with NAEYC standards, Promoting effective family-school partnerships, Monitoring student progress, Providing guidance in setting and adhering to operational budgets, Fulfilling all accreditation and licensure requirements.
Contact: Resume and Cover letter should be submitted to: Dr. David Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time Spanish Teacher
San Jose Episcopal Day School
Description: Spanish teacher needed for the 2014 - 2015 school year to teach grades PreK 3 - 6th. A four year degree that includes 12 hours of Spanish and a certified teaching certificate are required. For more information contact Lori Menger at (904) 733-0352 or email at email@example.com.
Contact: Lori Menger, firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Luke's Episcopal Church
Description: Seeking an experienced part-time keyboardist/organist. Works with rector, choirs/worship teams, and cantor to plan, prepare, and perform 2 exciting, upbeat masses every Sunday and 1 Evening Prayer service on Wednesdays.
Instruments: Yamaha Tyros Workstation (leading contemporary music), Allen Protige 2 manual digital organ with MIDI capabilities, and upright piano.
Service Times: Sunday - 10:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist (English); Santa Misa en Espanol- Domingos 12:00 am (Holy Eucharist in Spanish-Sundays 12:00 am); Noche Familiar - Miercoles 6:45 PM (Family Night- Wednesdays 6:45 PM)
Approx. 8-10 hours a week including planning, rehearsing, and performing duties.
For more information please contact the church office.
Contact: phone: (904) 744-2133
fax: (904) 762-1995
St. John’s Cathedral School and Early Learning Center
330 Market Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202
Description: We are currently interviewing qualified candidates for part time teaching positions at The Cathedral School in downtown Jacksonville.
Premier, renovated facility and playground
Opportunities for continuing education
Convenient downtown location with free parking
Minimum requirements for employment include:
Current enrollment in CDA required classes
Current enrollment in AS or BA courses for Early Childhood Education
Completion of required DCF classes (40 hours)
Childcare and classroom experience
Contact: Interested candidates should contact Marlo Hunt at 904-353-4050 to schedule an interview. Current resume is required. http://www.jaxcathedralschool.org/